To begin with, website design can be regarded as a process of conceptualization, planning, modeling and execution of electronic media content delivery via Internet in the form of Markup language.
So you have decided that you are going to have website presence. But having a website presence does not suffice for attaining your business targets. It should be triumphant. For that, your website design should be effective. A visitor may not wish to check your website if on the previous online trip to your website he had a cumbersome experience. How to get an attractive website then?
Here are some of the tips for making an attractive website design:
- For fast loading of pages, usage of graphics should be at the lowest density possible.
- Always have link to get back to the home page on every page of the website.
- For giving a more professional look to your website and making it more catchy and easy-to-read, usage of white background for the main page of the website would be wise.
- Usage of animated graphics renders an unprofessional look to your website. So better do not use them.
- Use common headers and footers for all the pages of the website.
- Navigation and functionality hold more significance than artistic excellence. So instead of making your website visually appealing, focus on using links to navigate to the various sections of the site at the top, side and bottom.
- Do not try to popup new windows to clutter the user’s screen.
- If you want to lay out sections on your website, make use of tables.
- When you design your website, do not use frames. If you do so, you will invite a lot of code redundancy and it causes slower loading of the page.
- Write for browsers, resolutions and color-depths.
- Give the lines room to breathe.
- Break text up into chunks.
- Use CSS rather than HTML tables for layout.
- Use semantic markup that provides a meaningful structure to the document (i.e., web page)
- Semantic markup also refers to semantically organizing the web page structure and publishing web services description accordingly so that they can be recognized by other web services on different web pages.
- Provide text equivalents for any non-text components.
In addition, let us focus on some golden rules for making an effective website design:
- Do not make users stress their brain too much
- Do not play with user’s patience
- Try to channelize user’s attention
- Enumerate on features
- Display effective writing
- Go for a simple look for website
- White space should not bother you
- Make ‘visible language’ your tool for effective communication
- Befriend conventions
- Test early, test often
Having known the key to success in the world of website designing, what are you waiting for? Get started with delivering cutting-edge website design solutions with the emerging website design technologies to your clients.
Turn online ideas into online results now!
Article Source: http://articleaddict.com