Internet has become the connecting medium to complete communications. Internet has global appeal. When companies decide to register their online existence through website they only think of local website design to appeal the customers of particular region. Even some multinational corporations with business operations in various countries, choose to focus on their area wise operations by maintaining localised websites. Globalised web design is the cheapest way to begin international communications. When the website designer designs websites with global appeal it enables the corporations to reach out to wide areas and cater to broad audience. Some global online marketing experts believe that “The website design which has the capability to appeal the audience beyond cultural influence is the necessity to register multinational Internet presence.”
Website analysts around the world agree on fact that the globalised website design improves the performance and appeal of the web and often converts the visitor into customer. The lack of standards or values that outlines the exact website development strategy is often responsible for narrow localised approach adopted by web designer. For most of the time a website designer only concentrates on creating attention seeking website design they choose to overlook 5 other key elements of global web design: Planning, content development, publishing, maintenance, and updations. The global website design stand successful only if the website developer focuses on the user and acknowledges their demographic diversity very sincerely. Most of the web designs, which boast of having global appeal, are overstuffed with elements like confused content, bad navigation, and functionality. The confusing web design often results in turning way the potential customer.
The globalised corporate website design that fails to make an impact on visitor often lacks in delivering its marketing messages clearly. Tips to make great global Website designs:
1. Eliminate the barriers of language: Sometimes the sites targeting audience on global level fail to realise that they are only targeting specific section of audience because they assume that their language is easily understood by everyone. So if you are focusing on infusing the global appeal to your website design then try offer as many languages as you can, so that potential customer grasps your marketing message accurately. So web developer should incorporate language sections in web design that features major languages spoken by the target audience. There are some websites which support 20 languages, whereas Google retains the lead and supports 117 languages.
2. Easy Navigation: One of the most common reasons given for poor performance of globalised website is poor navigation. During website design if the web developer fails to create transparent and easy navigational links then customers may get baffled. If the website fails to direct the web visitor to their localised sites then they may turn away thinking that this site is not of any use.
3. Localised elements: Localising the menus like currency converters, online customer services, and offline customer service executives answering customer queries will ensure that your visitor feels very much at ease.
4. Consistency: Your web design should maintain global consistency and branding.
5. Most of the customers are just bored of intrusive marketing strategies. So they just move away from web pages which need them to furnish their details or invade their privacy. So be innovative to approach the customer very politely before offering them your services to sort out their problems.
6. Most of the website designs have standardized web pages like investor relations, press rooms, and employment sections. An Average web visitor spends very little time on your website. So the opportunity should be utilised to convey your marketing messages very clearly means in short time span you are required to show “why you are the best?”
Designing a website with global outlook will help you to reach out to broad section of target audience and helps you to utilise the power of internet to maximum.
Article Source: http://articleaddict.com