According to Google Guide, “PageRank is Google’s system for ranking web pages. A page with a higher PageRank is deemed more important and is more likely to be listed above a page with a lower PageRank.”
According to Google:
“PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important.”
Google Guide’s checklists to improve Google PageRank:
- Include useful high-quality information on your site.
- Submit your site to various web directories and reference sites.
- Publicize your site to everyone with whom you communicate.
- Write a newsletter and send it out.
- Provide a Rich Site Summary (RSS).
- Ask other high-quality websites to link to your website.
- Provide motivation for highly ranked websites to link to yours.
- Check out a site before you link back.
- Tell the press about your site.
- Keep your website up.
- Give away content.
- Translate your website into foreign languages.
- Search Google for your website.
- Avoid devious tactics to improve your ranking.
- And finally…find out more at Google Guide Website.
Open Tracker suggests to optimize web pages for Google. This can be done by:
- Page Title
Page Title should contain most important search keywords of the page. However, page title should not be longer than 80 characters.
- Meta Description
Unlike other search engines Google doesn’t index meta ‘keywords’, it does index your meta ‘description’ tag. So it’s also important to include most important search keywords at the meta description tag.
- Body Contents
Page body also should contain most important search keywords. Page contents should focus on the page title and desctiption tags in details. Put important kewwords in the page introduction and couple times in the body paragraphs and also in the conclusion. Bold, Italic and image alt tags are also very helpful.
- Link to other Pages
Simply, it’s not good using framesets. Avoid hidden texts. Add a Sitemap.
- Update Contents as Frequently as Possible
Googleboot will visit the page often if the page content is updated regularly. But the content should be of high quality.