While search engine giant Google has only been a player as one of the major search engines for less than a decade, it has become a goal of most webmasters to make sure that their pages are search engine optimization Google friendly, so that they can achieve the best Google ranking possible and potentially attract an avalanche of traffic.

Google now holds first place among all the major search engines, which means a lot to people who are making their livings online. Increasing numbers of marketers play by the rules of Google search engine optimization; those who do not are liable to loose significant business.

Google’s success lies in how the founders created and refined the technology behind the Google search engine, because it understands what surfers are looking for and delivers better search results than competitors.

There is no doubt that their master plan worked out and at this point Google searches account for more than 60% of all the searches done online, which means that the other major search engines have to share the other 40% of searches between them. These numbers have certainly given Google the power to influence the search engine industry and has given webmasters motivation to be sure to make Google search engine optimization style a top priority.

Google primarily uses “spiders” to catalog the web, and the results are shown to the surfer. Google spiders give positive attention to quality inbound linking and content.

Pertinent links that direct users from relevant webpages to your site are important to maximize Google search results of your site. The weight of the links will vary depending on quality of the sites you’re linking to, the use of text links instead of banner ads, the quality of the text on the page where your link is, and the page rank of those sites.

Using an advanced algorithm, Google checks your web pages for good quality content and easy readability, as opposed to nonsense composed of nothing but keywords without complete sentences. Google’s style is to have quality content, while delivering value to a customer using a search engine.

It is no longer true that your meta description, title, and keywords are the primary factors in your Google rankings. These things are helpful, but you should utilize your time by building up good content as well as quality links.

Google also uses something they call Page Rank technology that measures the relative importance of a website based on an extremely complex equation that takes into consideration more than 500 million different variables. Part of the analysis evaluates the quality of both inbound and outbound links and then assigning a value, further complicating the search engine optimization Google uses to rank your site. But especially with Google, quality inbound links from related sites are the key to ranking well and succeeding. Any artificial scheme is easily detected and either discounted or penalized such a paid text links.

Article Source: http://articleaddict.com